Tuesday, March 20, 2007

orchestra-ING


went to an orchestra on sunday for an assignment's sake..I didn't know that it could turned out that cool...all along,I would imagine myself sleeping in the theatre instead of enjoying the performance..

So on sunday,we went to KLCC to watch what I assume to be boring..as I entered the theatre and get settled down, I saw the gigantic pipe organ...it was really big and I never did know musical intruments could be that enormous..the lighting in the theatre is really cozy with the air con on,I could really sleep(yawn..)..U can see Europeans everywhere in the hall and also people of almost all ages with different races and religion..

and so the orchestra started exactly at 3 pm..punctual huh?typical of the Europeans...it started off with music coming from all the instruments on stage..there were violins, violas, cellos, trombones, oboes, cymbals, bass drums, timpani, triangle, clarinets, harps, tamborines and side drums..as usual,the conductor leads the way..it's amazing how everything blends in together,harps and violins blending in with drums..it's like wow!neway,dun look down on cymbals,they sound really loud..I enjoyed parts where different instruments played their part to actually make it sound like music..it normaly starts off with the violins,followed by the violas and cellos,chipped in by clarinets,trombones and oboes,then the drums and lastly the final touch up by triangles or cymbals..but with the existence of the suprano,I dun seem to enjoy it..dunno why..I seem to think that she ruined the beautiful rhythm and tune of the instruments..it's seems that her voice doesn't blend in with everything around her...hehe..I dun know much but yet I am complaining..

neways,attending an orchestra isn't that bad after all..it was a great experience...at least I know that I did not fall asleep...wasted that I can't record anything down or even take any pictures..if not,at least I can show u how amazing everything was especially the pipe organ..beautiful!if u guys have a chance,dun ever miss it out..as in a once in a lifetime experience...

No comments: