Monday, February 09, 2009

CNY '09

I noe this post comes a bit late..
but I just wanna post it..
furthermore I am still in the CNY period..
it's Chap Goh Mei..

so this year's CNY was kinda fun..
I used to travel back to Ipoh with my family to visit my gramdma..
and almost every year it's the same..
we dun really go visiting but this year was really different..
the trip this year had a twist..
my brother and I got to know more about Perak thru my mum n grandma's eyes and perspective..

In my mind all along,Ipoh was a town..nothing different form klang..nothing special..
the only thing I noe is different is of course the food whereby they are way cheaper and way more delicious down that small little town..
but I learned that there is more to it..
there are certain things we can't see in klang..
and comparing klang to Ipoh,I think I would prefer Ipoh..
adventuring in the town with my mum,lil bro n grandma was a great experience..
for once I felt that this CNY is much much more meaningful rather than sitting at home..

so while venturing,we took photos..
my bro n I were so excited..
and we did managed to get some shots..

this is actually some old planes we found next to the airport in Ipoh..my mum told me that the only airport in Perak is actually abandoned but the maintainence is still good..the building is still in good condition from what we can see..

this is another old plane which I find more significant..

this I think would be the biggest outlet of OLDTOWN kopitiam since this is the hometown of this brand..I got another one which is more close up but I dunno where my bro placed it..so just bare with this..it's a 2 storey outlet..
the ever famous tanjong rambutan..it's actually a very small town in perak..n the hospital bahagia ppl always joke about is really there..too bad I can't get a shot coz we can't even see the hospital..

this is the only high school in this town..this town has only one primary school and one high school..imagine klang..how many high school it has?

on the way back from tanjung rambutan,we bump upon this shop by the name of "Soon Choy"..n that is actually my dad's name..we were wondering when did our dad opened a hardware shop back in Ipoh? furhermore he's from klang..


a very beautiful memorial park up in the hills..really beautiful..must cost a lot..


I just find this shot of the tree is really beautiful..the really contrasting colours of the leaves..

the railway station in Ipoh town..see the maintainence there? it is really well kept..in fact I think it looks brand new from far..besides,the town is kinda clean..

this is a shot of a cotton tree..it's kind bald coz the cottons buds are all on the ground..in Ipoh we can find a lot of cotton tree..in fact I have shot whereby the tree is full of cotton..all blossomed..it's really beautiful..looks like snowflakes on trees during winter..again I dunno where my bro placed it..gotta go dig it from him..will show u guys some other time..

well these are some of the shots we took but I can't post them all up here..
the process is just too long..
dragging those photos up n down the screen..
I guess I am getting a lil bias here..
I seem to like my mum's hometown very much now..
despite the good food n good price,there is just so much to see and learn..
I even actually got a chance to visit a chicken farm but we missed it coz my mum's fren went to China for CNY..too bad..
what I've seen is just only half of what is there in the town..
there is just so much to explore more..
the temples in the caves,orchards,those kampungs with big n smelly markets n small stalls selling "chee cheong fun","ABC","char kuay teow" and a load more..
then there is modern part of the town of shopping malls and sunway city of Ipoh..
maybe another trip back there in another year,I would be able explore the whole city..

this is just part of my CNY..
I had an outing with cartoonz and also my coll mates..

Cartoonz..

Date: 31/01/09
Time: 2pm - 12am
Venue: Sunway Pyramid and SS15 Subang (if I am not wrong)


me indulging my peach waffle and wi shan with her american hot dog in waffle world..









No comments: