Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Friday the 13th...

yesterday might be the unluckiest day of all..

woke up yesterday at 8.30..supposed to have a presentation at 12..nothing and no one was really prepared for it...assignment is supposed to be hand in before the presentation but we end up handing it in right before our presentation..

this is how the story goes..

this mass media assignment was distributed to us since week 3(currently is week 6)..our tutor explained almost every detail but she did not mention how are we supposed to start on the assignment..I think she expects us to go directly to her and ask...it was a group assignment, a group of 5..formed our group with my normal hangouts..that was in week 3..after the long and winding roads with assignments chirping in between,we finnaly reached week 5...we did not even touch a single bit of that assignment,not even a group discussion..with most of us not understanding the actual meaning of the question,nobody took the iniciative to ask the tutor...and so we carried on doing without further questions but based on our understanding on the question...finally we did start on our assignment..But somehow,I felt that it was not the right of doing it and so I took the iniciative to ask my ever smart class rep and she came up with answers to my doubts..realizing that we were on the wrong path, I called my group members and started explaining to them how are supposed to do it...called the 1st one and she said she understands..called the 2nd one and he is in the ktv room,he barely heard what I said but also told me that he understands..all of us started on the assignment all over again but my phone line was surely busy with phone calls asking how to do it...rmb the 2nd one I called?


on sunday,he called saying that he doesn't know how to do it...as frustrated I can be,I did his part not forgetting another mate that doesn't have a comp back at home...by the end of sunday,I managed to finish it and I asked him to print it out..isn't that really simple?but yet,he can't come up with it and instead he asked another mate to it for him...is that favour too awful after what I did?fine then..came the presentation day,we left out one page in the assignment..thought of printing it in college..after waiting for a long queue,the F***ing comp gone haywire..then we thought of photostating another copy for presentation,but some stupid fella cut into our line and the other one in front was photostating for ages..fine again..then we thought clipping it together to hand in, the "bodoh" stapler got no staple..by then we were already late for class..after getting into class,we can't get the laptop to read my pendrive as we need the slideshow...finally when we got another laptop,battery dropped to zero
but lucky we had the charger...while presenting,I had no material in hand and my topic was the page we left out in the assignment

supposedly a group assignment but in the end it turned into a duet assignment..how unlucky can someone get?

No comments: