Sunday, July 19, 2009

ipoh 2009

For the past few days I was literally disconnected from almost everyone except my uni mates
I do not have my laptop with me and there was no internet connection in my grandma's place
the only entertainment I had was the television, radio,newspaper and not forgetting my walkman phonein in fact, I did more reading than I ever had in ages such as:
1. reading the newspaper and;
2. an old book left on my bookshelf for almost 2 years now

I would describe the life back in ipoh with my grandma as laidback and relaxing
furthermore, with the cooling morning breeze alongside the cold and wet nights makes the weather seem so wonderful
we can only see the sun rising when after 11am (well,that's what u get when ur house is right next to the a huge and high mountain)
staying back there for a 5 days 4 nights trip brings back all the vivid memories that I used to have there when I was younger with my lil bro

We used to visit our grandma during our school holidays
She would always take the effort and go through all the hassle while making her way to klang and bring us back there for a long stay, err..at least a week
during our stay there, she would cook our favourite dishes and bring us to the indoor arcade in Super Kinta to play all sorts of kiddo games (sudah close down now, tinggal the big market only)
bring us to the market near her house to buy breakfast especially glutinous rice with shredded egg
(*drools*) and the grocery shops to buy snacks,ice cream,junk food etc..
in the evening,we would always hang around the balcony where an old swing is placed (dun think u can find anything like that around, like really antique)
those were the days la..well at least it was a 5 days well spent for this trip
enough of my grandmother stories..let's jump to the snippets I got from her place

mangosteens!

original 'durian kampung'

an old flight of stairs


the room and bed I slept for 4 nights

the old swing we used to hang out in the evenings

I once thought that it was a photo of my grandma but it was actually a photo of a famous star long time ago


an old rocking chair

parquet tiles

a collection of photos in the living hall

one of them is a photo of me when I was one
my parents's wedding photo
little lamps I used to love when I was young
p/s: I still love them now


I am still impressed with this piece of work..still wondering what stitches made this piece of work

No comments: