Monday, July 20, 2009

finally


FINALLY..
I managed to finish this book that has been left untouched on my bookshelf for almost 2 years
read a review about the book in some newspaper 2 years back
find the book kinda inspirational
hence, the purchase
kinda cheap too(RM19.90) as it is locally published and the short stories are by teenagers my age at that time
I never did see that buying expensive books as a wise investment back then when I was young
furthermore, how loaded can a teen like me be at that age?
anyways, after finishing this book I felt a sense of accomplishement
coz I have not successfully finished reading any book(fiction) in the past 2 years especially during college
other reasons why I feel such accomplishment are:
- 2 years back, I stop reading it half way through because I don't quite understand most of the words (I admit la,my vocabulary was bad 2 years back but it has been a lil better since I started uni). Somehow, this time around I can read through pages and pages of stories without flipping through a dictionary
- the stories was truly inspirational as according to the review I read earlier and I further understand the values in life though some of these values are conveyed by amateur writers in their short stories (I find it impressive when these young people understand so much about life as some stories are not based on true life experiences)
as the book is a compilation of short stories by malaysian writers, I find something pretty amusing
it's actually the names of 2 writers and they are actually siblings
well, I'll let u guys have a guess at it and I'll solve the mystery behind these names in my next post (dun worry la,it won't be long before my next post)
Name: Jebat Arjuna Kee Jia Liang
Soraya Sunitra Kee Xiang Yin
Q: Which race do u think these siblings belong to?
Let me give u a hint..They are MALAYSIANS
go figure!
p/s: I was trying to organize the paragraphs properly but blogger dun seem to be working,hence bare with it people!

1 comment:

hiddenmcky said...

i have this book at home also. yes, that pair of siblings really make me sit up too. their names! -.-||