Sunday, April 01, 2007

a real waste..

Well, donating blood was a dream of mine since I was young..ppl keep asking me y do u love donating blood so much but till now,I really dunno how to answer them..I guess it gives me the satisfaction I need knowing that by donating only a drop of blood can saves million..

There was a blood donation campaign held in college last week..as it was the first time for me, I prefer to get some company..and so I went with my room mate and house mate on thursday coz that's the only time they are available..I was really excited though deep down there's a bit of fear..before we even tok a step out of the house,it was already raining heavily and it's already 3 in the afternoon and the campaign ends at 5 for the day...finally,we did make it to the colege hall..I filled up the form and checked out whether ws I qualified for donating..As I sat down next to the malay woman and she started taking my blood, then tested it with some machine..after she got the result, this is waht she said to me: "Sorry ya, kamu tak boleh donate kerana kamu tak cukup iron"..At that moment,my heart thumped down..I went there although it was raining but this is how u repay me?

I went home and I told my that I dun have enough iron..she said it's a sign of anemic...i m like HUH??!..anemic...it seems really impossible..anyway,I feel really bad that I can't donate..it's really a waste coz this is the time when i finally got a chance to donate..

1 comment:

valerie said...

aiks...better start taking iron pills gal!