Thursday, October 09, 2008

time..

was browsing through friendster looking at ppl's photos..
suddenly it just hit me that I really missed out a lot on fun while I was working..
it was as though I do not have a life now..
if I do,it's only about work and nothing else but work..
I almost forgot what it feels like to be a student anymore..
I miss the freedom I have being a student..
at least my time is more flexible..
I can understand that studying and working would be totally 2 different worlds..
also because of that,what u encounter in both worlds brings different values to life,..

the people u meet at work gives u different perspectives of the world and the society u are about to step into..
they teach u the meaning of being selfish and to look out for urself..
in the working society,what u do would need to be the best for urself..
nobody's gonna ever ever catch ur back anymore..
u have to be responsible for the mistakes u've made..
and there is no such thing as pity or sympathy in this society..
at times they seem really cold blooded..
though the working environment may seem noisy and lively but deep inside it might just be pretence..
u'll never know who is true..
u'll never know who to trust..

exposing myself into this society teaches me to appreciate the time I have while I am still studying..
I can say that I am still not well prepared for the working world yet..
It's still not time yet..
Lucky this is only short term..
If ever this is a long term then this would not be right place..
I dun think I belong into a world whereby u can only sit and do nothing else but to put on a smiling face though deep down u feel like slapping them..
It's all just part of business and pretence..
well pretence is not my type though at times it's necessary to a certain extend..
I m counting down my days to the end of my contract..
Can't wait till it ends but I would miss the ppl there..
though I do not know who is true but they are fun..

"time is not only gold but it's a teacher in time" -ahpuik-








1 comment:

Esther said...

i think it's really good that you exposed yourself to the working life. at least you get a taste of it before really entering into the corporate world. you get people coming from all walks of life. even in college/uni you'd meet bitchy/mean/pretentious/backstabbing ppl so it's no surprise you'll find them at the workplace.

always be careful and take care okay. :)