Monday, March 23, 2009

over the weekend

this is a weekend that I would say hectic..
to some of you. it might sound nothing much
but in my days of procastination, these comparatively sounds way more for a weekend

Friday (20/03)

I was told about siew kuan's lost on wed
intended to go for the funeral on thurs but I was too tired and I had no mode of transport to get there
and so I went on friday
being at the funeral reminds me of my grandpa's funeral
it seems true that chinese funerals are considered more of a family gathering rather than a funeral alone
u can see people griefing but at the same time u can also hear people laughing
looking at siew kuan's parents, I really feel sorry for them
they looked so pale while siew kuan and the siblings looked ok
maybe it's just their way of concealing their grief

siew kuan's grandma has always been a grandma of my own
I am grateful and thankful for the years that she cooked lunch for us
or else we die of hunger..haha
and also the times where we actually sat down altogether to have a grandma-grandchildren talk about loads of stuff
recalling the last time I met her,she was in such despair and she seems to lose all hope on everything
she whinds about how lonely she was at home alone when all the grandchildrens are in school
how she can't do the cooking anymore
how she needs to walk relying on a walking aid and much much more
at the point, it saddens me to see her that way
now that she's gone, I am sure she will be free from all that has been bothering her these years
Rest In Peace.

Saturday (21/03)

sat mornings are like heaven to me, but this sat morning is hell
I had to wake up as early as 8 coz I agreed upon accompanying my aunt to the colleges' open days
first up, we went to SEGI college in subang to check out the A Levels program thr
it turned out that they only offer courses in sciences and my cousin intends to take up arts
then we are introduced to the ADP which seems pretty interesting
but my cousin is kinda reluctant to take up the course coz he claims that it is "unpopular"
and the director of examination thr who was hard selling this program is kinda sacarstic
so we decided that we might as well pass

therefore my aunt suggested we have a look at inti
there, they also had something like ADP
but besides that, they also offer UK degress
after hours of enquiring and explaination from the cousellor
they were merely deciding on the diploma
they thought they might just go home and infrom my uncle 1st
and he gives them the green light, they would register the day after

by the end of the day, I still can't get over that stupid SEGI college examination director
*no offence to caryn ya*

Sunday (22/03)

went to check out caryn's graduation showcase in subang parade with cartoonz
the exhibition was not big or huge
but the work displayed are good
the people there are talented people even though there were very few of them
students from the faculty of arts and design had impressive works
the one I admire the most is the student from photography and industrial design
all of them actually spent a lot on getting their stuff displayed, the setup of the place and of coz the rental

had a late lunch with caryn
then headed back home

basically that is what I claim as a hectic weekend





No comments: